Undergraduate Education

Degree Programs

B.S. in Chemical Engineering

  • Chemical Engineering Practice Concentration
  • Chemical Engineering Research & Development Concentration
  • Biomolecular Engineering Concentration

B.S. in Petroleum Engineering

Registration and Academic Advising

Frequently Asked Questions About Advising

Your chemical and petroleum engineering course instructors provide professional and academic advising. Each semester, an advising period is provided during which students plan schedules for the following semester.

EVERY STUDENT is responsible for maintaining a personal record of progress to degree completion to ensure all degree requirements are met.

All MSU students have access to the degree audit system CAPP (i.e Curriculum, Advising, and Program Planning) in myState. CAPP helps students and advisors track progress toward graduation. It outlines all courses required for the chosen major and which courses have been completed or remain to be taken, as well as hours earned, GPAs, and transfer hours.

To view CAPP, students should choose CAPP compliance under Academic Records in myState and view a previously run evaluation or generate a new evaluation. To investigate a possible change in major or the addition of a double major, students should choose a What-If evaluation. These audits will utilize courses completed and those scheduled to inform students of their status at any point in their university career. Questions concerning articulation or substitution of courses should be directed to students’ advisors or Dean’s offices.

Have additional questions about the University Degree Audit System? Send an email to degreeaudit@registrar.msstate.edu.

For more information:
Dr. Bill Elmore
364 Swalm Hall