Southern Ionics and Henry Family Support Endowments
October 18, 2012
The Dave C. Swalm School of Chemical Engineering has recently received endowment support in several areas. These are:
- Southern Ionics Incorporated has provided an initial gift of $300,000 towards a pledge of $1,500,000 to fund the Southern Ionics Chair. A national search is expected to begin in the 2013-2014 academic year.
- The Hunter W. Henry, Jr. Family has supported 4 endowments:
- The Atly and Bette Jefcoat AIChE Student Leadership Awards Fund to support students in recognition of their excellence in service and leadership ($37,500).
- The AIChE Support Fund Honoring Dr. Jefcoat and Dr. Elmore to support the AIChE student chapter ($150,000).
- The Henry Lecture Series Fund to support an external industrial speaker to talk about their career path and inspire CHE students ($100,000).
- The Hunter W. Henry, Jr. Memorial Teaching Fellowship to provide teaching support for the chemical engineering program and for educational based scholarship ($500,000).